NOURISH YOUR SOUL
RALLY DAY 2017
HEALTHY LIVING PROGRAM
BIBLE & BREWS @ ENGINE 15
Every 4th Monday at 6:30pm at Engine 15 // Join Pastor Tom Walker and bring your doubts, your questions, your wonderings about life in general, buy a beer and join us for an informal conversation about everything under the sun! Engine 15 is located at 1500 Beach Blvd #217, Jacksonville Beach, FL. Questions? Contact Pastor Holly at the church.
WINE & WISDOM @ THE WINE BAR
Every 1st Monday of the month @ 6:30PM at The Wine Bar // What is your source of wisdom? What do you use as your source, your ground for decision making, your guiding principle? Come share your experience of seeking wisdom with others over a glass of wine as we focus on a wisdom quote from a variety of sources and share in open, honest, spiritual conversation. The Wine Bar is located at 320 1st St N #1, Jacksonville Beach. All are welcome. Questions? Contact Pastor Holly.
Feeding children in our community
Palms Presbyterian's new partnership with Mayport Elementary and BEAM. Mayport Elementary is a school at the very northern end of our beaches community. It is comprised of children K-5th grade and 94% of those children are on free or reduced lunch. In addition, at least 25% of the children are from military families. The school is in a “food desert” meaning there is no grocery store in the area. During the school year on every early release Wednesday, Palms will provide a team of volunteers to pick up food through BEAM at the 7North food collection location. We will drive the BEAM refrigerated truck to Mayport Elementary, where we will set up a market where families and children can go through the line and fill up a bag of groceries.
We need to put together our team.
- 2-3 people who can lift up to 50 lbs. and are comfortable driving a truck (no special license required). The time requirement for these transport volunteers will be from 12:30-3pm.
- 8-10 people who will meet at Mayport Elementary, set up food on tables and help families shop, build relationships, and offer support and care to children, parents and teachers. The time requirement for these Mayport Market volunteers will be 1:15-3pm.
- 1 person who will be the coordinator for Mayport Market including emailing team with updates, reminders, etc. This person must attend the training day (July 19) and the run through (August 11), but does not necessarily need to be part of the “hands-on” team. That means this person could be someone with a daytime job who wants to serve, but cannot be present on each early release.
- The early release dates for 2017-18 school year are
- 8/30, 9/13, 9/27
- 10/11, 10/25, 11/1, 11/15, 11/29
- 12/13, 1/17, 1/31
- 2/14, 2/28, 3/14
- 4/25, 5/16.
- We know it might be challenging to commit to every single day, however, our hope is to create a team who will make this program a priority for the school year and schedule around the early release Wednesdays. If you will be absent, it will be the volunteer’s responsibility to make sure that we have enough volunteers for the day.
- The Serve Ministry is also seeking additional substitute team members for the BEAM Food Pantry in Mayport.
Come be a part of these exciting opportunities to feed God’s children and build relationships within our community! Contact Pastor Laurie at 246-0594 x 223.