ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO ASSOCIATE PASTOR OF COMMUNITY AND CONNECTION
Reports to: Associate Pastor of Community and Connection
Provides a broad range of administrative duties to the Connection Ministry and Faith Formation and Nurture Ministry and assists the staff who oversee the Connection and Faith Formation and Nurture Ministries, which includes Community and Connection, Adult Education, Youth Ministry, and Children’s Ministry.
- Provide administrative support for the Associate Pastor of Community and Connection, including all corresponding ministries: Discipleship Development and Faith Formation, Community Connection, Fellowship, and Hospitality.
- Prepare materials for New Disciple Orientation.
- Prepare and send transfer letters for new disciples.
- Create and manage CCB forms for collecting new disciple information.
- Manage process for 1st time guests, 2nd time guests, and regular attenders.
- Create disciple name tags.
- Manage all details associated with community events.
- Provide administrative support for the Director of Youth Ministry, including all youth ministry activities such as youth group, Sunday school classes, fundraisers, and summer trips.
- Provide administrative support for the Director of Faith Formation and Nurture, including year-long, seasonal and summer programming, Vacation Bible School, nursery, small groups, preschool and children’s education, adult education, and all corresponding ministries.
- Ensure the receipt, completion, and maintenance of all forms is in compliance with Palms Child and Youth Safety Policy.
- Securely obtain and store background checks for Youth Ministry, Children’s Ministry, as well as adult and teen volunteers.
- Manage Lenten Small Group signups and distribution of LSG curriculum.
- Collect, upload, and schedule Advent and Lent daily devotionals.
- Create and maintain signup genius list for youth fundraiser and other applications.
- Manage registration and check in process for VBS.
- Manage all details associated with Visiting Theologian events.
- Attend weekly staff meetings for Faith Formation and Nurture, Community and Connection, and church office staff.
- Maintain church calendars in CCB for each ministry and the person who oversees that ministry.
- Maintain database, handouts, class rosters, safety compliance forms, and filing system for each ministry.
- Create and print as needed- posters, post cards, forms, brochures, flyers, booklets, curriculum, letters, rosters, emails, and labels for all CC and FF&N events.
- Handle all CC and FF&N Ministry event requests, including reservations for all events, room requests, and display setups for event and class signups, email and mail reservation confirmations.
- Receive registrations and money for all Connection and Nurture Ministry events, to include fundraisers, VBS, curriculum sales, and mission trip payments, and send email and mail confirmations of payments.
- Request checks for deposits, payments, and reimbursements to individuals for any and all FF&N and CC events.
- Order supplies and curriculum for all ministries.
- Prepare and distribute curriculum for all ministries and collect money where applicable.
- Attend after-hour events as needed for work-related duties, with prior notice.
- Personal Competencies
- Integrity and Trust
- Interpersonal Skills
- Mission Ownership
- Personal Resilience
- Time Management
- Verbal Communication
- Organizational Competencies
- Helping Orientation
- Priority Setting
- Team Orientation
- College degree is preferred or experience in administrative support.
- Working knowledge of CCB software. ACS software experience is desired.
- Working knowledge of MS Office software including Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Word, as well as Outlook and web browsers such as Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, email marketing tools such as Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, and Facebook.
- Must be able to prioritize work, be a team player, and excel in time management.