ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT FOR NURTURE
Reports To: Director of Faith Formation and Nurture
Palms Youth Ministry Statement: We want to be a Christ-centered, service-oriented, safe place for youth to grow closer to God and connect with one another.
Provides a broad range of administrative duties to the Nurture Ministry and assists the staff who oversee the Nurture Ministries, which includes Adult Education, Youth Ministry, and Children’s Ministry.
- Provide administrative support for the Director of Faith Formation and Nurture, including year-long, seasonal and summer programming, Vacation Bible School, nursery, small groups, preschool and children’s education, adult education, and all corresponding ministries.
- Provide administrative support for the Youth Ministry Coordinator, including all youth ministry activities such as youth group, Sunday school classes, fundraisers, and summer trips.
- Ensure the receipt, completion, and maintenance of all forms is in compliance with Palms Child and Youth Safety Policy.
- Communicate with HR for needed background checks for Youth Ministry, Children’s Ministry, as well as adult and teen volunteers.
- Manage Lenten Small Group signups and distribution of LSG curriculum.
- Collect, upload, and schedule Advent and Lent daily devotionals.
- Create and maintain signup genius list for youth fundraiser and other applications.
- Manage registration and check in process for VBS.
- Manage all details associated with Visiting Theologian events.
- Attend weekly staff meetings for Faith Formation and Nurture and church office staff.
- Maintain database, handouts, class rosters, safety compliance forms, and filing system for each ministry.
- Create and print as needed- posters, post cards, forms, brochures, flyers, booklets, curriculum, letters, rosters, emails, and labels for all FF&N events.
- Maintain church calendars in CCB for each FF&N Ministry and handle all FF&N Ministry event requests, including reservations for all events, room requests, and display setups for event and class signups, email and mail reservation confirmations.
- Receive registrations and money for all Nurture Ministry events, to include fundraisers, VBS, curriculum sales, and mission trip payments, and send email and mail confirmations of payments.
- Request checks for deposits, payments, and reimbursements to individuals for any and all FF&N.
- Order supplies and curriculum for all ministries.
- Prepare and distribute curriculum for all ministries and collect money where applicable.
- Attend after-hour events as needed for work-related duties, with prior notice.
- Create and maintain a database for completed Spiritual Gifts Inventories.
- Track new programs created by disciples as a part of the Nurture Strategic Plan.
- Create and print bulletins for the new Family Worship service.
- Weekly bulletin preparation in the absence of the Director of Communications.
- Personal Competencies
- Integrity and Trust
- Interpersonal Skills
- Mission Ownership
- Personal Resilience
- Time Management
- Verbal Communication
- Organizational Competencies
- Helping Orientation
- Priority Setting
- Team Orientation
- College degree is preferred or experience in administrative support.
- Working knowledge of MS Office software including Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Word, as well as Outlook and web browsers such as Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, email marketing tools such as Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, and Facebook.
- Must be able to prioritize work, be a team player, and excel in time management.